The 8 Wealth Management Issues
Through nearly 40 years of combined experience with clients, we’ve determined that there are eight common wealth management issues affecting every client.
- Investment Management - As your advisors, we will build an investment plan that considers your investment goals, comfort level, expectations, and the effect of taxes on your portfolio. This plan will manage your risk for every dollar of your return. And, because investment management is something that should be adjusted as your goals evolve and your portfolio changes, we will work with you on an ongoing basis to monitor your portfolio and rebalance it as needed.
- Cash Flow & Debt Management - Cash flow is the cornerstone of your wealth management plan. Working together, we can identify where your cash is going each month and evaluate potential opportunities to improve you cash flow through tax strategies and proper debt management.
- Family Risk Management - Even the best investment and financial plans can crumble if you have not properly prepared for the risks that exist for every family. By learning more about your situation, we can evaluate your current risk plans to determine if they are adequately meeting your needs at this stage of your life and as you plan for the future. If modifications are needed to your risk management plan, we will make suggestions that not only address your risk management needs, but also consider the tax implications of these changes.
- Retirement Planning - People entering retirement are facing concerns that retirees simply did not face 20 and 30 years ago. Before addressing these concerns, it is important to first establish a clear vision of what retirement means to you. With this vision as our starting point, we can help you to create a plan to fund your vision of retirement including likely income needs, potential tax implications and risks that can stand in the way of realizing your vision.
- Education Planning - One of the most neglected areas of personal finance is education funding for children. Education savings plans can be confusing, and it's important to have someone who can help you understand your choices. We can help you create an education plan that does not compromise your progress in the other wealth management issues or your tax situation.
- Legacy Planning - What type of legacy would you like to leave? Legacy planning is about so much more than just moneys. Simply stated, a legacy plan ensures that what you want to happen will happen. As part of your legacy planning, we help you determine "how much is enough," for you, your family, and the causes you care about. Together, we can create a legacy plan that minimizes the estate taxes that may be incurred, thereby maximizing your desired legacy.
- Business Planning - The demands of running your company may leave very little time to focus on the important financial matters that can have a major impact on you, your family, your business, and your future. As your advisors, we can help you evaluate and implement strategies that not only protect your business, but also take advantage of opportunities that could improve the cash flow, tax situation, benefits, and bottom line of your business.
- Special Situations Planning - As your advisors, we are here to help you with situations that do not always fit nicely into other wealth management issues. Whether it is planning for a wedding, deciding to buy a second home, or planning for the special needs of a family member, we can assist in determining a path to get you through whatever financial challenges and opportunities arise.
This is not a cookie cutter approach. Rather, it is a transforming process that allows us to help you achieve your unique financial goals.
Investment and financial planning services are offered by Monica Osborne and Colleen Wallace through their affiliation with HD Vest.